Special

Not so long ago DH told one of our granddaughters that she was special (they all are!) and she turned around and asked, "Why am I?"

This is why:

You are special because you were created in the image of God.

You are special because you are our own flesh and blood.

You are special because you know how to love and your little arms around my neck bring me so much joy.

You are special because it would be impossible not to love you.

You are special because when I see your smile, I see the little boy my son used to be.


You are special because you have your own unique temperament and personality.

You are special because of our differences and also our similarities.

You are special because there is no one like you.

You are special because when I look at you I see an everlasting God whose love and goodness knows no bounds.

You are special because of your prayers that are filled with more faith than many adults ever possess in a lifetime.


You are special because I see  features of myself and Grandpa in you.

You are special because you are the link with the future we may not see.

You are special because you invite me to share the joy of childhood with you.

You are special because life can never be boring when you are around.

You are special because God has a unique plan for your life.


You are special because I have loved you from the moment I first knew of your existence.

You are special because in our relationship I am reminded of my own grandparents - and wonder about their grandparents.

You are special because I see your possibilities and potential - and hope to live to see them fulfilled.

You are special because before the world began, God knew your name.

You are special because you are the freshness of new life and new beginnings.


You are special because you are my beloved grandchild.

You are special because you are evidence of the union of two lives and two families.

You are special because you make me delight in your smile and your antics and your sayings and everything you do.

You are special because Christ died for you.

You are special because you so fully belong to us.


You are special because ... you just are.


Comments