Gone Again

When does a parent stop worrying about their offspring? Do we ever get over missing them?

I thought it would get easier as they got older but in some ways it gets harder.

DH has just left to take Son#4 back to Uni after three brief days at home. Brief for me because I was barely home and would have loved to have had more time with him. He somehow managed to sneak in at 6 o'clock on Monday morning without waking anyone. He obviously does not get that from me (or his maternal grandfather). But he's already gone again. The academic year is finished but he has a job interview tomorrow at the university which would give him much needed experience and money.

I hope he gets it. But I'll miss him terribly if he does.

And I suspect I won't be the only one. (I'm sure I heard The Most Adorable Granddaughter#4 say his name when she was leaving earlier today.)

Meanwhile, Son#5 is home to stay until the start of the new academic year (hopefully) and I've suddenly been reminded of a million reasons why I don't want to go away and leave my babies come January. Makes me wonder what on earth is wrong with me.


Comments