Day 37: Tea

My family - at least those who have never developed a fondness for it - think I'm an addict. And perhaps I am. But I am grateful for a good cup of tea. English Breakfast, Early Grey, Lady Grey, New Zealand Breakfast, English Afternoon, Green Tea, a personal blend, or even Decaf; first thing in the morning, last thing at night, or any time in between, I enjoy my cup of tea.

And I'm not the only one ...

“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”   (C. S. Lewis)

“I am so fond of tea that I could write a whole dissertation on its virtues. It comforts and enlivens without the risks attendant on spirituous liquors. Gentle herb! Let the florid grape yield to thee. Thy soft influence is a more safe inspirer of social joy.”   (James Boswell)

"A great idea should always be left to steep like loose tea leaves in a teapot for a while to make sure that the tea will be strong enough and that the idea truly is a great one.” (Phoebe Stone)

“I still encourage anyone who feels at all compelled to write to do so. I just try to warn people who hope to get published that publication is not all it is cracked up to be. But writing is. Writing has so much to give, so much to teach, so many surprises. That thing you had to force yourself to do---the actual act of writing---turns out to be the best part. It's like discovering that while you thought you needed the tea ceremony for the caffeine, what you really needed was the tea ceremony. The act of writing turns out to be its own reward.” (Anne Lamont)

“The spirit of the tea beverage is one of peace, comfort and refinement." (Arthur Gray)

“If you are cold, tea will warm you;
If you are too heated, it will cool you;
If you are depressed, it will cheer you;
If you are excited, it will calm you.”   (William Ewart Gladstone)

Comments