Day 52: A Child's Comments

I'm so grateful for the comments of children, offered in innocence and without guile.

When The Most Adorable Granddaughter#2 told our friend that his hair was sticking up she wasn't being rude. She had probably never before been so close to someone bald on top with short hair around the edges.

When The Most Adorable Granddaughter#1 asked our parting guest if he knew that he talked funny, again, she wasn't being rude, but commenting on his American accent (and he probably did sound funny to someone used to Kiwi and Australian accents).

When I picked The Most Adorable Granddaughter#5 up out of her cot yesterday when she'd woken from her nap and she greeted me with, "Grandpa?" it wasn't because she was being rude or didn't want me (I hope) but it was her way of expressing her hope that her grandpa was also visiting (he was).

Since I work with children, I am often party to many of these beautiful comments: some profound, some funny, but always innocent. I love that!



Comments

winterwren said…
Oh, very cute!

That's all--that and I just wanted you to know how much I really do like these posts.

Take care,

winterwren