Day 74: Cold Sore

Yes, you read it correctly. Believe it or not, I am actually grateful for the cold sore that began to make its presence felt some time yesterday. What can I say? Between hives, a sinus infection, and a few other things, I am obviously run down. For the past fortnight I have kept going on the thought if I can only make it to the holidays. Well I managed to make it to the holidays - just.

But what has this do to with being grateful? I woke this morning with a humongous cold sore on my lower lip and decided that church would not be a part of my day after all. After DH and sons (in separate cars) had gone off to church, I pulled out my laptop and listened to this sermon.

Seriously, I'm grateful I did. And since I'm grateful for the sermon, I'm also grateful for the cold sore that required me to miss church and look elsewhere for spiritual nourishment today. I'm thinking I might be listening to a few more sermons online in the near future, but hopefully missing church won't happen again for quite a while.

I should add that I'm also grateful for apple cider vinegar and lavender essential oil that are dealing powerfully to said cold sore.

Comments