Doubts

This afternoon my publisher emailed to tell me that my books were on their way!!!

This is the moment when I start doubting myself ... when I think that my writing isn't good enough ... that no one will read my book let alone buy it ... that someone will find an elementary mistake that should never have made it through the first draft ... that more than one person will find that mistake and all will point it out ... that all the reviews will be bad (a few bad ones are to be expected) ... that my readers won't enjoy the sequel to the first two books ... that my 'baby' will be badly received ...

I learnt a lot during the writing and publishing of this book - and I mean a lot - God really took me on a journey of faith and learning to trust with this manuscript - but at the moment my most enduring memory is that of going over the reader spreads on the back veranda with Kielsie at my feet on what was to be her last full day with our family.

As corny as it may sound (and bear in mind that I'm not what one would call an animal lover - it's only a few rare ones that I genuinely fall in love with), I think it's going to be a while before I separate Kielsie and the publication of my third book in my mind.



Comments