Much Truthfulness

It has been said that children and fools speak the truth ... in which case I have been on the receiving end of much truthfulness this past week while The Most Adorable Granddaughters#1-#3 have been staying with us.

DH thinks I should take it in the spirit that it was intended and younger sons are bemused that I consider the words in any light other than that of a compliment but I'll let you be the judge.

The Most Adorable Granddaughter#2 commenting on my hair: "You look good with it pulled back [my fringe] but you look even more good with it down."

The Most Adorable Granddaughter#1 after I had observed that our new pup Nehli was not bringing the ball back to me to throw but taking it to The Most Adorable Granddaughters instead: "Maybe it's because you're boring."

The Most Adorable Granddaughter#3 after spending the day with her cousins and DIL#2: "I want to go back to Auntie#2. She's fun ... and prettier."

The Most Adorable Granddaughter#2 on examining my hair at the dinner table: "Nana, you're pretty even with all the grey."

O-kay. 

I can see the funny side of their comments but since I could never be accused of suffering from positive self-image, I'm not sure how many more 'compliments' I can take. I'm thinking it's a good thing their parents return tomorrow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adapting Short Row Heels (A Knitting Post)

The Bride (and Groom) Wore White

How Not To Take Family Photos