Much Truthfulness

It has been said that children and fools speak the truth ... in which case I have been on the receiving end of much truthfulness this past week while The Most Adorable Granddaughters#1-#3 have been staying with us.

DH thinks I should take it in the spirit that it was intended and younger sons are bemused that I consider the words in any light other than that of a compliment but I'll let you be the judge.

The Most Adorable Granddaughter#2 commenting on my hair: "You look good with it pulled back [my fringe] but you look even more good with it down."

The Most Adorable Granddaughter#1 after I had observed that our new pup Nehli was not bringing the ball back to me to throw but taking it to The Most Adorable Granddaughters instead: "Maybe it's because you're boring."

The Most Adorable Granddaughter#3 after spending the day with her cousins and DIL#2: "I want to go back to Auntie#2. She's fun ... and prettier."

The Most Adorable Granddaughter#2 on examining my hair at the dinner table: "Nana, you're pretty even with all the grey."

O-kay. 

I can see the funny side of their comments but since I could never be accused of suffering from positive self-image, I'm not sure how many more 'compliments' I can take. I'm thinking it's a good thing their parents return tomorrow!

Comments