Twenty-One

My baby is twenty-one today and oh, doesn't that make me feel old. Almost as old as I felt when my eldest turned thirty twelve days ago or almost as old as I feel knowing that I am almost half a century. Notice, I said almost. Contrary to what some in the family believe who wished me birthday wishes for yesterday, I am not yet fifty. They were two days early and I'm going to hang onto my forties until the very last second which includes taking into account time differences between New Zealand and Australia!

Anyway, this post isn't about me but Son#5 who arrived twenty-one years ago and has since blessed us with his presence, his humor, his maturity (yes, Sons#1, #2, #3 and #4 he does possess maturity), his approach to life, his deep-thinking, his take-everything-in-his-stride attitude, and just being who he is.























Comments