And So It Begins

The end of the year has arrived and this past week we have begun the round of birthdays that sees our family celebrating five between Christmas and the end of January (not counting in-laws or the wedding anniversaries that are also in that time period - and I guess now the celebration will officially begin two weeks' earlier with The Most Adorable Granddaughter#7's birthday) ...




[The Most Adorable Granddaughter#1 turned ten! How did that happen? Her beach party was rained out and so we convened to our house instead. Looking at the following photos it's hard to believe there was rain or that it was a less-than-perfect day at the beach!]

I have banned water play at my house after discovering mud inside in the most unlikely and out-of-the-way places ...





We have enjoyed time with family ...



[We sadly had to say goodbye to Son#3 and DIL#3 who only had a few days with us over Christmas - but the time we did have was special and made me thankful for the choices each son has made when it came to choosing a wife.]

DH has begun another garden project (a gate and walk to keep Nehli from churning up my flower garden) ...




[And I've yet again pulled out my scrap quilt to finish quilting this summer! No photos because I'm sure everyone is sick to death of seeing it. Including me. I began this quilt over fourteen years ago so it's time it was finished and hanging on the wall.]

And still not had our fill of cuddles from this sweetie ...




and probably never will!
 

Comments