Rushing

I have a terrible habit of rushing ahead to the next step in quilting before I'm really ready. But when one's plans for gardening (more specifically pulling out weeds) are put on hold due to rain, one must find something else to fill one's time.



I could have done the sensible thing and caught up on ironing ... but I'm not always sensible when it comes to housework.

Instead, I took this stained glass quilt that has ended up in the rubbish bin literally and figuratively (yes, I actually threw it out one day in frustration at the despicable quality of my workmanship) and added borders ... before it was at the border stage. In my defence, it is almost at that stage and I don't think it's going to make a huge difference either way ... only because I am, as already stated, less than impressed with my handiwork.

 
I will not do another stained glass quilt this way again (assuming I ever do another one). The way I did the first stained glass quilt was far superior to the way I've made this one. And the results speak for themselves ...

 
With this latest quilt I've skipped corners and substituted products when I really should have known better (or would have realised if I'd only thought about it some more). Next time I will wait until the weekend is over and buy the interfacing I need rather than 'making do' with something inferior. I will also not use glue on any quilt ever again. At the time it sounded like a good idea ... it would save time on tacking ... but, nah. Trust me on this.

I'm thinking when the quilt is finished it can hang between what used to be the boys' bedrooms ... now the piece of wall between Son#4's bedroom and Son#5's-when-he-comes-home or where-the-granddaughters-sleep-when-they-visit bedroom. It's a dark corner and, hopefully, the imperfections will be less noticeable.

Comments