Third Party

I opened my blog the other day only to discover my backgrounds had disappeared and there was a message that I needed to change the settings on a certain account if I wanted to continue to have third party hosting.

My first reaction was well, of course I did. My background was a photo taken ten years ago when we, as a family, climbed Mount Ruapehu, a still active volcano (and which, incidentally, erupted just a short time afterwards). As well as being a rather attractive photo, it had special meaning for me.

So I went to the account in question but despite using the Help function and spending far too much time searching and whatnot, I could not find any place to change the settings. Now, I admit to not being exactly computer literate, but I suspect part of the reason may have been the device I was using. It doesn't support a lot of apps and only runs some programmes in part. Usually that's not a problem ...

Too lazy - and by this time, too frustrated - to open up another device, I decided it was time to change things up a bit. After a few days of looking in a right muddle, spring cleaning was complete and my blog had undergone a major overhaul.

I'm still not completely happy with it (I miss that mountain photo) and I suspect there still needs to be some tweaks and finer detail changes, but for now it can stand proud that it's once again up and running.

It was time for a change ... time to delete or correct the broken links ... time to let go of the past and step into the twenty-first century with two feet. I hope you enjoy the new format.

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adapting Short Row Heels (A Knitting Post)

The Bride (and Groom) Wore White

How Not To Take Family Photos