Children and Animals

It has been said that it is never wise to work with children and animals in which case I am anything but wise as I work with children and don't mind the occasional intrusion by our furry friends. But that aside, and as these pictures prove, children plus animals equates to some of the most delightful moments in life.










Miss Two-And-A-Half liked the lamb because it was soft and cuddly (we didn't dare tell her it had been abandoned by its mother) but what really evoked uncontrollable giggles were the turkeys: their gobbling, naturally, but even more so when they chased Grandpa and the two of them ran away with Miss Two-And-A-Half's hands half covering Grandpa's eyes!


The Most Adorable Granddaughter#1 has been busy knitting for some soon-to-be-new-arrivals. I started her off with the first project, and she took up the challenge and began another. What can I say? I'm proud of what she's achieved.

Now The Most Adorable Granddaughter#2 has decided she wants to knit herself a pair of socks. I've started her off and will, hopefully, teach her to knit in the round the next time I see her. I decided on circular needles (and therefore knitting in the round) rather than straight needles as, to date, she is only able to do the knit stitch and I wasn't sure how socks knit in garter stitch would go. (The Most Adorable Granddaughter#1 is knitting her items in garter stitch but they're not socks and the garter stitch adds a delicious squishy quality.) If circular needles prove too difficult, we'll do some experimenting with garter stitch - or I'll teach her how to purl. She will need that skill by the time she gets to the cuff anyway.

When I first knitted socks for family members it was with the idea that it was a small investment of time and money on my part if they never wore them. I never imagined that I would struggle to keep up with the demand! Suffice to say I am more than a little excited to have another [potential] sock knitter in the family!

Watch this space!





Comments