Moving Mountains

This afternoon, after hearing some news, and also wanting to enjoy the glorious Spring weather, DH and I went for a short walk on one of our favourite beaches. There was much to see since our last visit ...











but there was also a rather interesting surprise ...


(Did you spot it? We suspect it was a very young New Zealand fur seal but could be wrong.)

Whenever I look at creation I can only marvel at our awesome God. His is the power and the glory. He alone is God. There is none other. Given what we are currently experiencing, this was an wonderful reminder. 

Earlier today we received the news that DIL#5 has been denied permission to enter New Zealand. This is a huge disappointment and not what we had been praying for and, yet, given what we know of such applications, it's not totally unexpected. 

There doesn't always appear to be a lot of humanity in the making of these decisions. We do not know why it was deemed that DIL#5 did not meet the criteria, but we believe that marriage is ordained by God. For that reason we are trusting that He will make a way for this young couple. 

I am not a "glass half-full" kind of person nor do I feel that I have the gift of faith, but I firmly believe that God can and will overcome the obstacles that are in their path. In fact, these obstacles are nothing to a God who can part the sea and raise the dead. His Word tells us that if we have faith we can move mountains. 

And so we have faith that these obstacles will be overcome. That this door that has been closed - and locked and bolted - will be thrown wide open and DIL#5 will be able to enter this country and be with her new husband. 

Spending every available minute working on their wedding quilt is an act of faith that it will be sooner rather than later when they will be reunited. I often pray over the wedding quilts as I make them, and this one will certainly have a lot of prayer stitched into it. I have made the promise that with God's help I will endeavor to pray for them every single day until DIL#5 once again sets foot in Aotearoa. (Of course I'll pray for them afterwards as well, but this is specifically about a successful application to come to New Zealand.) If you feel the Spirit leading, please feel free to join me. 

So Jesus answered and said to them, "Have faith in God. For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them." Mark 11: 22-24, NKJV

For with God nothing will be impossible. Luke 1:37, NKJV

(It wasn't until after I'd published this post that I realised the photos show a cliff that has eroded significantly in the last few years. Indeed, mountains can be moved!)

Comments