Not So Clever After All

We thought we were so clever - or at least, I thought we were ever so clever: we appeared to be planning ahead and getting organised for Christmas way ahead of schedule. (On schedule for us is usually a week or so before Christmas about the time the family ask, "Aren't we doing Christmas puddings this year?")

So when we decided to actually set a date to do Christmas puddings with the family, AND DH and I (well, mainly DH, but I encouraged him)  made pickled onions (DH's favourite) in November so that they would have at least a month to marinate, we knew we were on track for a well-planned, well-executed, and extremely well-orchestrated Christmas.


Except we didn't plan this:



What was it the poet Robert Burns said?

The best laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft a-gley.

I suspect he knew how I feel right now!

Comments