A Little Bit of Spring

This weekend we were able to spend some time with Son#4 and his beautiful family to celebrate said son's birthday. We had been privileged to see them last weekend so we were going back and forth on whether we would make the trip this weekend especially since I had broken out in a rash on both arms from wrists to shoulders and there was some question as to whether it was allergy or virus. Certainly, if it was viral I didn't want to pass it on to anyone, but since I felt fine (okay, a little more tired than usual but that could be accounted for by work and stress) we decided to make the trip even though heavy rain warnings had been predicted and that plus school holiday traffic had me wondering if we wouldn't be better off staying at home.

As it turned out, we really only had a smattering of rain and the traffic was no heavier than usual and I even managed to convince DH to stop off at a quilting and wool shop on the way (where he was unable to convince the salesperson that knitting in the car is dangerous - he hasn't managed to convince me either).

We were able to celebrate with Son#4 and some of DIL#4's family, enjoy [some] cuddles with The Most Charming Grandson#3 (he's been unwell and is still recovering) and today we visited Blossom Valley and managed to adhere to the family tradition of picnics in the rain. Only a few days ago I had taken photos of my garden which I am too embarrassed to share now after seeing this gorgeous garden.

It was certainly a delight to be able to view and I can hardly imagine the planning and work that has gone into making it so beautiful.























Perhaps in the next day or so I might be brave enough to share some photos from my garden, along with a sock inspired by the colours of spring. Like Anne of Ingleside (courtesy of Lucy Maud Montgomery), I can become a little crazy when the weather starts to warm and everything starts flowering. Spring is such a tangible expression of hope and, as a Christian, I find it a wonderful reminder of the One whom we can always put our hope in and never be disappointed.

Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. Jeremiah 17:7, KJV.

The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in Him. Lamentations 3:24, KJV.

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear. 1 Peter 3:15, KJV.

Comments