So This Is Christmas

Earlier today DH and I began preparing cornbread stuffing (dressing) for the Christmas turkey. The recipe comes from DIL#5's family, and Son#2 made it for our family for the first time last year. Even though DH is in charge of cooking the turkey, I had to offer some suggestions, and making the stuffing seemed like a lovely way to connect with Son#5 and DIL#5 who are so far away this Christmas. And right now, my kitchen smells amazing.

It seems incredible that we are less than three days from celebrating Christmas. I usually complain that it sneaks up on us, but this year it feels as if someone stole time out of the year: as if we had been in a coma and suddenly woke up to Christmas in almost full swing. 

Apart from sharing our pudding-making, I have not written one Christmas themed post. Not that Christmas has been forgotten. Carols have been blasting out at our house for at least a month, the tree was actually decorated early, I managed to shop early and not only wrap the presents (generally a Christmas Eve task where I worry that I won't have enough wrapping paper) but send them off to the beloved recipients, we celebrated the Nativity at work and attended DH's work function, have cooked and cleaned ahead of schedule, enjoyed a surprise visit from DIL#4 and The Most Charming Grandson#3 (pictured above last Christmas), and even attended a Christmas party at my MIL's nursing home. 


A few weeks ago, I shared a Christmas devotion at work that I had found online. It was quite lengthy and I had to condense it, but I think it's worth sharing hereChristmas Devotional – 10 Wonderful Truths of Christmas - Hope for the Heart.

And, for good measure, some favourite Christmas posts from this blog:

2008: Christ in Christmas

2014: Stille Nacht Heilige Nacht (A Short Story)

2016:  For Unto Us A Child Is Born

2017: Traditions, A Christmas Prayer, Christ in Christmas

2019: Keeping It Simple

2020: Noel (Come And See What God Has Done)

2021: He Shall Reign Forevermore

2022: Firsts



Comments