Mud, Mud, Glorious Mud ...

... Cake that is. Several months ago my DIL#1 surprised me with a gorgeous Mud Cake that she had made using ingredients in my pantry (and I thought my pantry was virtually empty). All she bought were the strawberries.

This week our Bible Study group is meeting at our house and I think I'll make DIL's mud cake. And because I'm feeling extra nice, I'm going to share the recipe with you.

This is a fail-proof Mud Cake. I am the world's worst cook. I forgot to read the small print before getting married and having kids because if I'd realised that I was meant to cook for that many people every night of the week, I think I would've stayed single (thankfully DH doesn't mind taking a turn in the kitchen).

DIL’s Glorious Mud Cake (Please note that metric measurements are used).
Into a food processor place:
2 tsp vanilla essence
½ cup oil
1 cup milk
1 cup strong coffee (use 1 heaped tsp of instant coffee to 1 cup of water or use the 'real' stuff)

Sift together:
2 tsp baking soda
1-3/4 cups plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 cups sugar
¾ cup cocoa

Add dry ingredients to the processor with 2 eggs and process until smooth (may need to do in two batches if your food processor isn’t large enough).

Bake at 180 degrees Celsius until cooked (approx 55-60 minutes).

Comments

Unknown said…
Oooohh, that looks really yummy! I will have to try that. Thanks for the recipe!
SchnauzerMom said…
That cake looks gorgeous!
Jules said…
This cake is definitely worth trying. It's really easy and if you use olive oil you can eat it guilt-free (well almost).