Fringe Benefits

I’ve worn my hair with a fringe (bangs) cut in since I was ever so tiny. I really have no idea what I look like without a fringe although the few times I’ve pulled all my hair back off my forehead I've been totally convinced that I was never meant to wear my hair that way!

I have a love-hate relationship with my fringe. I love that it coves my uneven (and rather unattractive) hairline and emphasises my eyes but hate the way it refuses to sit nicely at times, the way it’s affected by weather, and the fact that I always trim it too short and have to wait ages for it to grow out again.

I must admit that I love the look of long hair without fringe/bangs or with just a thin wispy fringe. I’m considering growing my fringe out and having a thinner fringe but there’s one problem – no two: I can’t stay away from the scissors and I’m impatient!

I usually get so far then cut it all again because it's driving me crazy. And then the cycle starts all over again: trying to love my finge but without success; waiting for it to grow so that I can pin some of it back; going through the stages of gel and spray to get it to stay back and not look ridiculous; going insane trying to manage it; picking up the scissors and cutting again.

Anyone got any tips?

Comments

SchnauzerMom said…
I have had fringe/bangs all of my life. I don't like the way I look without it. Sorry I don't have any tips for you. Mine pretty much behaves itself.
Unknown said…
I also have had fringe all my life. A few times I have tried to grow it out, and got long enough to tuck around the ear. They drove me crazy though. Plus I just hate how I look without fringe. I feel like I look so harsh without them. I honestly feel like I look way older without them. Many people look amazing without fringe. I just don't think I am one of them! If you can get past the growing out stage where they drive you nuts, and you really want them to be long, then go for it. Just keep pulling them back out of your eyes until they get long enough. I bought some tiny barrettes and pinned them back that way. Whatever you decide, I'm sure you will look beautiful :).