Finding a Name

Years ago I told my kids that I'd love at least twenty grandchildren. Between the five of them that shouldn't be too hard to arrange. As far as DH and I are concerned, the more the better.

To date, we have one gorgeous little granddaughter, affectionately known as "The Most Adorable Granddaughter in the World". Last night we learnt that Son#1 and DIL#1 are to make us grandparents again. To learn of new life is a thrilling experience and we are definitely excited at the news.

I just wish we didn't have to wait until June next year!

Just as the parents have things to think and plan for, I've got to think and plan what I'm going to call this child. "The Most Adorable Granddaughter" is all very well if it's another little girl (I could just add numbers I guess to denote birth order, although that could become confusing after a while) but not exactly appropriate if it's a boy. I have a feeling that Baby Name Books are not going to be the least helpful. Perhaps when the time comes, the baby will suggest it's own name. But whatever I call the baby, you can be assured that he/she is going to be very much loved by this Nana.

Comments

bunches of yarn said…
Oh, Jules congratulations!!!!
The blessing of the Lord is pouring all over your family.
All your grandchildren will be most blessed.
May the Lord give you the desires of you heart, which includes 20 grandbabies.
^__^
BellaMama said…
Congratulations!! How wonderful, such a blessing to enjoy these your babies' babies!
Waiting to hear what you call this precious gift!

I rejoice to hear of your blessings!!
Mrs. C.
SchnauzerMom said…
Congratulations! That's wonderful news!
Jules said…
Thank you. I am so thrilled. And the best part? Another baby without having to endure morning sickness (why do they call it 'morning sickness' when it lasts all day?), numerous aches and pains, and labour. Poor DIL#1 though is not feeling too good at the moment. :(
Unknown said…
Oh Jules, that is wonderful!! Congratulations!! You must be so overjoyed :).
Anonymous said…
Congratulations from me too! That's such wonderful news!