Twenty Things I Like

To counter the recent post on Ten Things I Dislike I decided to do Twenty Things I Like (I already had it in mind when I posted Ten Things I Dislike but thank you BellaMama for your suggestion):

1. Spending time with family. It’s even more special when we can all worship together since that doesn’t happen very often;

2. Hearing The Most Adorable Granddaughter say, “Nana”;

3. Late night talks with my sons. I don’t know why they want to have “deep and meaningfuls” late at night, but I’m glad they trust me enough to talk to me;

4. Seeing my kids get on with one another and with their sister-in-law and niece;

5. Picking produce from my own garden and serving it up to my family;

6. When a recipe turns out and looks and tastes fabulous;

7. Seeing my name in print;

8. A clean house;

9. Curling up in bed with a good book;

10. Long hot summers;

11. Completing a project I’ve been working on such as a knitted jumper or a new quilt;

12. Talking to The Most Adorable Granddaughter (she’s so cute when she’s on the other end of the phone!);

13. Listening to my sons play the piano;

14. Watching a good movie (especially if I’m able to sew or knit at the same time);

15. Seeing the potential unfold in the students I’m working with whether a child or a student teacher;

16. Good friends;

17. Receiving letters in the post (mail);

18. Listening to music;

19. Finishing a tramp (hike). DH has this idea that our family likes to go tramping – and we do – but the best part is always when we get back to the car;

20. Being able to enjoy God’s wonderful creation. Even though it’s a fallen world, there are still so many incredible and awe-inspiring sights around us.

And I could add many more but the title says twenty, so it's twenty I'll stop at. It was a lot easier to think of twenty things I like than it was to think of ten things I dislike. I guess that's good!

Comments

SchnauzerMom said…
That's a great list! Good things to like and be thankful for.