Out of Practice


I'm out of practice when it comes to a family day at the beach.

I forgot the camera (I used DH's cellphone to take this image).

I forgot food (as any mother of teenage boys will know, this is unpardonable).

I forgot my sunglasses.

I forgot that the creek we have to cross to get to the beach may not even be knee deep at low tide but at high tide is chest deep. It was high tide.

I forgot that the drainage holes in the kayak allow some water in. I got a wet seat when crossing the creek.

However, I didn't forget that I'm allergic to sand flies and so wore long pants. There were no sand flies.

I didn't forget my hat;

nor my water bottle;

nor the sunscreen;

nor my jacket (yes I was the only person on the beach wearing a jacket - but I only needed it for a short time);

nor the coconut oil to give my hair a deep conditioning treatment while I sat in the sun (it' soooo soft now).

And I didn't forget how relaxing it can be to sit on the sand and just enjoy the sun and sea.

But next time I will be better prepared.

I hope.

Comments

Randy Furco said…
God Bless you.

Jesus is Lord!
SchnauzerMom said…
Sounds like you had a good time in spite of the things you forgot. I haven't been to the beach in almost 20 years. We went to Florida on our honeymoon.
April said…
That sounded like a wonderful day - no matter that you forgot things! I haven't been to the beach in a couple of years and I really miss it - a bunch. The photo is beautiful and I feel the ocean pulling me... Mike and I need to make a trip, but the closest beach is about a 4-hour drive. Not bad really... maybe in the spring...

HAPPY NEW YEAR! :)