A Conversation


Recently I've been afraid of the phone. Not because of telemarketers (although that's one bonus about working - there's less of such calls) but because each update of Son#1 has been the same. No change. No improvement. Still sick and utterly exhausted.

As a parent I so desperately want good news. I want to hear and know that he's on the road to recovery. I want him to be well again. To be himself again. To be able to spend time with his precious girls.

But as the weeks have passed, the news remains the same. And I'm at the point where I'm almost afraid to ring.

But ring I did today and after I'd spoken to DIL#1 (still no change), The Most Adorable Granddaughter in the World#1 wanted to talk to me on the phone. We were having a delightful conversation when she mentioned that her other grandmother - Granny - was about to go home after visiting and do some work on the farm.

I mentioned that her Granny was a busy lady.

"She's not a lady," The Most Adorable Granddaughter#1 replied indignantly.

Trying not to laugh I said, "Yes she is."

"No she's not. She's not a lady," she argued with biting sarcasm on lady.

"Then what is she?" I asked.

"She's an old lady," The Most Adorable Granddaughter#1 replied

I laughed then and, without thinking, asked what I was but thankfully I couldn't make out her reply and I had enough sense not to ask her to repeat it. Who knows what she thinks of me!

Thank You Lord for these delightful girls who bring so much joy and laughter into our lives.

Comments

Mary said…
I'll pray for your son.
java girl said…
Yesterday my Butterfly told me that I was stinking old. I laughed. I'm not just old now, I'm stinking old :O) Children bring such joy!

I will be praying for your son swift healing.
Jules said…
lol, SimpleBeauty. I'm not sure what my granddaughter said I was but it wasn't stinking old! It doesn't seem that long ago when I thought 28 was really old. How we change our concept of old as we age ourselves!

Thank you Mary. We're still quite concerned about him. The blood work showed nothing 'sinister' just that he has or has had glandular fever (infectious mononucleosis). The thing is it's been over a month now and still no change. He's not taken time off work nor is he resting up so recovery isn't going to be swift but some improvement would be nice.
Unknown said…
I'm so sorry to hear that your son has been sick. I will be praying for him.
SchnauzerMom said…
I hope your son gets well soon.