What I Learnt Yesterday

Is to never eat chocolate coated coffee beans just before official photos. Had we known that we would end up with bits of coffee caught between our teeth and be frantically trying to remove said bits before meeting the photographer, we would never have bought them let alone eaten them. But ignorance is bliss.

We'd left home at 8.00 am to travel over to DIL#2's graduation. Four hours later we'd had nothing to eat or drink and still had the official photos to get through before the luncheon. On the way back to the car we spied our favourite confectionery shop, popped in and bought a very small bag of chocolate coffee beans, and soon discovered our error.

We'll see if we successfully removed all the coffee when the official photos arrive next week. In the meantime we'll have to be content with these photos.

Ignore the great shot of some strangers' heads and concentrate on DIL#2 (yes that's her walking across centre stage) just after she'd been capped.





Front and back views. She looked gorgeous. And happy.





Unlike when Son#2 graduated exactly a year ago, the day was warm and sunny. I suspect Son#2 was feeling more pride than he had at his own graduation. What do you think?

Comments

busymomof10 said…
Good pictures!

I've never eaten chocolate covered coffee beans! Are they crunchy?? I can't imagine what they are like - but they must be good! I hope you got them all out of your teeth! :) Speaking of coffee beans, I think I will go grind some and make myself a pot of coffee!~ Thanks for the reminder! ;)
SchnauzerMom said…
Congratulations to your DIL. She looks so much like you she could be your daughter. I hope you got all the coffee out of your teeth.
Jules said…
busymomof10, yes they are crunchy. I'm not a coffee drinker but I do enjoy chocolate coated coffee beans! But if you're going to try them, make sure they're good quality ones. We only ever buy them from this particular shop because we've found others that are less than satisfactory.

SchnauzerMom, I've been told so often that my DIL looks like me and yet I can't see it. I suspect she's far better looking!