Getting Thin

Not me. My hair. It seems that the very front sections are thinning out from about half way down my length. I don't think it's just my imagination as DH seemed shocked when I showed him. I'd like to think it's just the way I combed it but the evidence seems to suggest otherwise. Yet I've not noticed broken hairs around the place.

*Sigh.* I guess there goes my dream of classic length hair. As a little girl I always wanted really long hair and I decided I better hurry and do something about it or it was never going to happen. Therefore the last four or five years have been devoted to growing my hair out. I was doing quite well until I hit waist. That was over three years ago and you can see how little I've progressed since then.

George Michael, the long hair guru, believes that hair should be all the one length to be its healthiest, strongest, and most beautiful. No bangs/fringes, no layers, just all the one length. I've always dismissed his views but now I'm beginning to think it's worth a try. Trouble is, I hate the way I look without a fringe/bangs but then I've never let it get long enough to see if it suits me or not. Perhaps now is the time to try. And perhaps it will also help with that little matter of thinning.

What a shame that the rest of me couldn't thin as painlessly!

Comments

java girl said…
Well I think that you hair is beautiful!! I have never heard about hair all being one length. I wonder if that does make it strong or not. I will have to put some thought into that. If your hair continues to thin you might look into a vitamin called biotin (I'm not sure it that is the actual spelling our not) It is suppose to help with hair and nails health.

I always enjoy reading your blog. Have a wonderful day!
SchnauzerMom said…
Your hair looks very pretty in that photo. I know what you mean about thinning. My hair is pretty thin at the temples. That's why I always have bangs.
Ohtawen said…
Oh, Jules, I understand the whole situation is upsetting, but your hair is gorgeous! Don't worry, maybe it's a seasonal shed, and you'll notice regrowth in no time. And please don't give up on growing to classic. It would be such a shame :(
Besides, we need to support each other on the way to classic ;)
I hope your hair gets back to normal soon!