W is for ... Wisdom

But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy (James 3:17, NKJV)

There are times when I really need wisdom ... and it's usually when dealing in human relationships. Whether it's my own family or the kids I teach in Bible Class or my colleagues at work, there are times I really really need wisdom.

Wisdom is not usually thought of in these terms: pure, peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, and without partiality or hypocrisy. In fact, we're more apt to associate wisdom with knowledge or knowing how to handle a situation or making the right decision.

This verse paints a different picture of wisdom ... one that I'm going to need to think on for a while. But while I'm at it, let's not forget that this month we have elections and that we will all need wisdom - and lots of it - in knowing how to vote.

Comments