Moments of Cuteness

This weekend The Most Adorable Granddaughters#1, #2 and #3 stayed over. They made swings in the walnut tree with Grandpa, visited their two cousins, and helped me in the kitchen.







While they were sleeping, I went with Son#2 and The Most Adorable Granddaughter#4 to the hospital. She had woken screaming and wouldn't be consoled. Very uncharacteristic.  At the hospital she charmed the doctors and nurses who could find nothing wrong with her. I think that since it was actually the day her baby sister was due she thought her Daddy needed a late night trip to the hospital - just so he wouldn't become complacent about having a darling six-week-old baby at home who is doing so wonderfully well.

As for The Most Adorable Granddaughter#4, she's still charming but there's still something not quite right with her. She spent most of today with me because her Mummy is unwell and it looks as if I'll get to repeat that privilege tomorrow. Having had to work when The Most Adorable Granddaughter#5 was born, it's nice to be on holidays now and able to help.

And talking of helping, The Most Adorable Granddaughter#4 is helping me prepare for Uncle/Son#4's twenty-first birthday party which is this coming weekend. (Yes, I know he's already had his birthday but with a baby in the family due - and then arriving early - we put it off so that everyone could attend. Well not everyone. Sadly Son#3's fiance won't be able to join us.)




I can't think of a better way to spend my break from work.

Comments

winterwren said…
Hey, Jules,

I have just finished catching up reading your blog. That wedding took over my life for a while--in some ways, it was more stressful than my own! Okay, mostly not, but in a few respects and way less fun. It is good to catch up on things.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello and that I miss you heaps. I cannot believe how old your boys are or how fast your family has grown! You need to post a family tree!

Your granddaughters are so lovely and I hope they are doing well now.

And I cannot believe *how* *good* those mint patties look (notice this is the comment I chose to respond to...) Oh my word. I *will* be making those.

You are a good soul, Jules. Or should I say a good egg.

Take care,

winterwren