Bear Hunt

Today is The Most Adorable Granddaughter in the World#2's birthday. Yesterday we celebrated.

Friday afternoon, DIL#1 rang to ask the order of  "We're going on a bear hunt". This has got to be The Most Adorable Granddaughter#2's favourite story. I've read it to her countless times, listened to her recite it to me, and am, after all, an early childhood teacher.

But I almost missed out mud.

This wouldn't do. The Most Adorable Granddaughter#2 would know if we got it wrong.

Guess what? As she looked at her birthday cake and started reciting the story she went:

grass ...

river ...

forest ...

snowstorm ...

cave.

That's right! She forgot mud!

Oh well. The cake was yummy (and there was even a flour-less cake section) and I had all my family around me for a few hours. Bliss!

   
  
  



 
  
  

 

  

 


  


  





Comments

Sharlene said…
What a fun bear hunt! Who made the clever cake? When I get to teach pre-primary, I enjoy going on a bear hunt with them. I don't recall having mud in our hunt. I will have to remember to include it next time. Walking through mud is fun.
SchnauzerMom said…
That cake looks gorgeous! Looks like everyone had a great time.
Jules said…
Sharlene, my DIL made the cake. She had no pattern and is pretty clever that way. A lot of the 'special' cakes (21st birthday, engagement, ec) on my blog are her handiwork.

I've always done mud but snowstorm is relatively new to me. Seen more of the former than the latter. The words for mud are:

Thick oozy mud. Can't go over it, can't go under it, we'll have to go through it. Squelch, squerch, squelch, squerch, squelch, squerch."

SchnauzerMom, we did have a good time and the best of it was that I got to spend Sunday with most of my family as well.
Sharlene said…
Thank you for sharing the words to the mud part. Being in the Caribbean snow storms are very foreign - but then so are bears. :) We will still go on bear hunts.