God Has Done It!


This past week we experienced an amazing answer to prayer. I still have tears in my eyes when I think of all that God has done. Even when it seemed nothing was happening, we know now that He was at work. Throughout the past few months as we have prayed and others have joined us in praying, the journey has often been one of ups and downs, disappointment and pain. Hope often seemed fleeting.

While I proclaimed with my mouth - and my pen - that God could do it, there were still times I doubted. It seemed so impossible - especially given the time frame - and I had to remind myself again and again that the God who created all things, could do this.

And now our prayers have been answered. When I received the news I knew how David must have felt when he danced until the Lord. I wanted to dance. 

And cry. 

And laugh. 

And shout it from the rooftops.

God is faithful. He is good. He has done this. Oh praise His Name!

Hear my cry, O God;
Attend to my prayer.
From the end of the earth I will cry to You;
When my heart is overwhelmed;
Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
For You have been a shelter for me,
A strong tower from the enemy.
I will abide in Your tabernacle forever;
I will trust in the shelter of Your wings. Selah.

Psalm 61:1-4, NKJV

Then our mouth was filled with laughter,
And our tongue with singing.
Then they said among the nations,
"The Lord has done great things for them."
The Lord has done great things for us,
And we are glad.

Psalm 126:2-3, NKJV

Comments