Feeling Pretty

I feel pretty. Not unusual you say? Wrong! I rarely have feel-good days and today everything seemed to conspire against this being one of those rare days.

Firstly, I'm battling a head cold. My eyes feel heavy and one side of my face feels tighter than the other side. I have a cold: I should look awful.

Secondly, I decided to wear my black skirt and grey coat today but decided that I needed a splash of colour so I added my rose pink top. It's a lovely colour but not one that best complements my skin tones.

Thirdly, I trimmed my fringe (bangs) a few days ago and it's a little too short. I have a love-hate relationship with my fringe and these last few days it's been more hate than anything.

Lastly I wore a fabric headband in my hair. I like fabric headbands - and this one was quite pretty - black with a scattering of sequins - but they don't seem to like me. I don't know what it is but I have so much trouble getting them to look good in my hair. Perhaps it's my fringe (that silly fringe again) or my face shape or the way I put them in but they rarely look good for me.

So with all these things against me, I should be feeling down. Yet I feel good. I looked in the mirror this morning and I liked what I saw. I felt pretty. The top didn't look too bad, my fringe looked 'flirty', the headband stayed in place, my hair was soft and shiny and fell in gorgeous waves (from braiding and curling it last night before bed) down my back, and I looked good. I really did.

I'm gonna enjoy this feeling for all it's worth. Who knows when I'll feel this good about myself again!

Comments

SchnauzerMom said…
We are our own worst critics, I think. I bet you're a very pretty lady all the time.
Unknown said…
I'm so glad you had a feeling pretty day :). Your hair with all the soft waves sounds so beautiful. I hope you get over your cold soon!
Jules said…
Schnauzermom, I know I'm my own worst critic. I have lots of feeling ugly days, so it was nice to have a feeling pretty day. Thanks for your kinds words.
Jules said…
Thanks Jen,
The cold isn't too bad. I guess it's to be expected at this time of the year (heading into winter for us).

I love the waves I get when I do a braid and curl the ends. I really should do it more often.