Tea or Pain Relief?

I got up early this morning and offered to make DH a cuppa tea. At the same time I happened to mention that I had a bit of a headache. "Take something for it," he suggested. That from the same man who has been flat on his back in pain for the last three days due to what laymen call a 'slipped disc'. He's taken no pain killers at all, and after the first 24 hours hasn't even allowed me to rub Voltaren Gel on his back. He apparently wants to feel the pain so that he'll know when it improves!

Generally, he's a good patient. He doesn't complain or think he's dying, but he does get frustrated when he can't do the things he wants. He's discovered the joys (or is it agonies?) of daytime television. There's not much you can do when you're forced to lie flat on your back. Definitely a new experience for him and I suspect one he won't be wanting to repeat in a hurry!

Comments

SchnauzerMom said…
Wow I think I would want every pain reliever out there. Daytime TV can be so boring. I hope he feels better really soon.
Jules said…
Thanks SM. He's slowly improving but certainly not quickly enough for his liking.