I Didn't Say It!

Overheard in our home this past week:

"Where's the canon?"

No, we don't house a canon in our home nor was he talking about a toy canon. What Son#4 was looking for was the music for Johann Pachelbel's Canon in D major that I'd filed away in my music folder (after it had sat on top of the piano for several weeks - perhaps even months).

Son#4 is in his second year of learning piano and was given this piece by Son#2. Neither of them can play it - yet. It's keeping me on my toes as I get back into practice so that I can help them learn it. We could find a simplified version but Son#4 is determined to master this piece and I suspect he just might do it!

Comments

Unknown said…
What a beautiful piano! I think it is great that your sons are wanting to play the piano. I used to play when I was a child, and quit piano lessons in junior high. I wish I hadn't quit! I can't remember how to play now. Sad.
April said…
Oh my goodness that piano looks so much like the one I grew up with, except that ours was older. I used to fall asleep to my mother playing it. Wish I could remember the names of the music she played; they were all so peaceful. I took lessons for two years and would so love to have a piano in our house. Maybe one day. I wish I could clone myself so I could do all the things I want to do! :)
SchnauzerMom said…
I love piano music. I would love to learn to play. There's no room in my house for a piano though. The church has several pianos that I could practice on.