My 'To Do' List

This term is almost over and we have two weeks of school holidays! For those in the Northern Hemisphere our school year may seem a little strange. We start our school year at the beginning of February and finish some time in December. We have four terms with each about 10 weeks long and with a two week holiday between each term. At Christmas time we have six weeks of holidays (got to make the most of that gorgeous sun). Easter sometimes falls at the beginning of a term break or else is in the middle of a term. We have Friday, Monday and Tuesday off for Easter.

So today we finished Term 2 and we have two whole weeks before Term 3 starts. Yay! I'm slowly getting together my to-do list for the holidays:

  • Spend more time in prayer. This is so important but something I tend to rush or overlook when I'm busy;

  • Plan for long lie-ins in bed with a good book (make note to self to visit the library and borrow some good books);
  • Spend time with the kids (I wonder if they would like to visit the library?);
  • Make felt. I have a jumper (called a jersey or pullover in some parts of the world) in fairly good condition but which is too small. I was going to undo it and re-use the wool but there are some stains on the wool that I can't get out so I'm looking at alternatives. Felt-making sounds like it could be kind of fun;
  • Spend some time with The Most Adorable Granddaughter in the World. Perhaps even another sleep-over if her parents can spare her;
  • Sew. Knit. Quilt. In front of a good movie if possible (Amazing Grace, Pride and Prejudice, Chariots of Fire, Emma, Sense and Sensibility, Little House on the Prairie, etc);
  • Edit my novel. All of it. And send out query letters. (I'm going to be busy);
  • Have that date with DH that we've been planning to have for weeks but which has had to be put off for one reason or another;
  • Catch up with friends;
  • Get the ironing up to date. I've been so slack in this area lately;
  • Plant my roses;
  • Do some housework: not the every day type housework or even the once-a-week chores but some of the things that only get done once or twice a year (such as hand-washing cross stitch pieces - hence the photo at the top). Start early this year instead of leaving it all until Christmas;
  • Edit/ Delete this list as appropriate.

Comments

SchnauzerMom said…
Sounds like a busy 2 weeks for you. I hope you get it all done!