What Next?

Last weekend it was the oven that broke down. And the camera. Today it's the TV.

I don't know what we'll do about the TV. We don't watch a lot of TV (though we have been watching some of the Olympic Games) but we do like to watch DVD's. We've started going through our collection of Creation DVD's again but we can't do that with no TV.

On a good note, Son#1 fixed my oven. Well, sort of. He had a quick look at it the other day when he was here and realised that by switching some wires or something he could get my bake function to work but I'd lose the grill function. I hardly ever grill, so I was quite happy to make the sacrifice. We celebrated by having baked kumara for tea.

Sadly, I don't think my TV is going to be quite so easy to fix. Perhaps it's time to buy a new one. Now there's a novel idea! In over 24 years of marriage we've never bought a TV. We've either gone without (the best year in all our lives - just ask our sons!) or have had ones given to us by relatives who had a spare one or who died.

I just hope nothing else decides to pack it in.

Comments

Unknown said…
I'm glad that your oven is fixed! Isn't it great to have handy family members :)? I'm sorry to hear about your tv though. We have enjoyed watching the Olympics too. We normally don't watch much else except nature shows, preaching or movies on dvd. There is so much junk on nowdays, so we try and be really careful what we watch. If you do end up getting a new tv, I would say you were due one since you have been so frugal with tv's all these years :).
SchnauzerMom said…
I think it's like a domino effect, one thing breaks down and then other things think they have to go out too. I hope you're able to get things fixed or replaced soon!
Anonymous said…
I say splurge and go get a nice, huge HDTV set!