End of Term


I've finished work for today - in fact for this term. Yay! It has seemed like such a l-o-n-g term yet it's only been 10 weeks like every other term. It's just been so physically and emotionally draining. Had the term ended the way it started out, I'd seriously be considering leaving, but things have settled down and the stress levels have dropped a little.

And now we have two weeks of holidays. My To-Do List isn't that different from the one I had last term (here) but I do have a few things to add:

1. Attack (yes that's the only word for it) the garden that runs the length of our property. It's looking like a wilderness! I've caught glimpses of spring bulbs and blossom, but they're hidden by all the weeds. If I plan it right, I should be able to enlist the help of some 'willing' teenage sons;

2. Clear out the garden next to our deck and plant some summer/autumn vegetables. Tomatoes need to go in soon if we want them to ripen before the end of summer. As for other vegetables, not sure yet what I'll plant this year. It probably doesn't matter as most things I plant just die anyway. I must be the only person I know who cannot grow silverbeet or rhubarb. They grow like weeds for everyone else, but not for me!

3. Take time to enjoy the gorgeous spring days. Lots of sitting outside, exploring the garden, soaking up the glorious sunshine;

4. Start writing my next novel. I've spent enough time on research, now it's time to take that next step and actually start writing;

5. Finish knitting the jumper I'm making for Son#4. It will probably be too warm to wear it now, but unless he suddenly shoots up and out (more than what I've allowed for), it will still fit him next year;

6. Plan a day trip to the mountain. It's still got lots of snow and now it's not so cold that it's torture just being there (and Son#4 can wear his newly finished jumper);

7. Drag out the unfinished patchwork and quilting projects and get working on them now that the weather's getting warmer;

8. Have that date with DH that we've been planning for months (or is it years?). It seems that whenever we set a day, something crops up. Well these holidays we need to do something more that just grab Subway for lunch together in the middle of the working day. That's nice of course, but something more would be good, especially since DH has been away for a few days and I've missed him terribly;

9. Take the dog for walks. I suspect she's really missed our walks since it's been too wet and cold to go over winter. It wouldn't hurt me to do some more walking either. Perhaps we could even take some long walks on the beach as long as I rug up well beforehand (I'm usually the only one on the beach wearing a jacket and hat when everyone else is in shorts and t-shirt - I wonder if that's why the kids always prefer not to walk with me?);

10. And last, but not least, enjoy lots and lots of time with my incredible family that I've been so blessed with and for whom I am so thankful (and yes, even though you're on holidays you still have to do your chores).

Comments

Daisy said…
Enjoy the next few weeks all that you can Jules! Make sure you take a day or two and just relax!
SchnauzerMom said…
That's quite a list. I hope you accomplish most of it!