Many Hands Make Light Work






Yesterday DH, Son#4, Son#5 and I tackled the wilderness that is our garden. Well perhaps I'm exaggerating and it wasn't quite that bad but it was bad. It had rained the day before so pulling out all those weeds wasn't as hard a job as it can sometimes be, but some of those weeds had some deep weeds.

As I grappled with the weeds my thoughts turned to the sin in our lives. Sometimes sin has taken such a hold on us that it takes a lot of effort to root it out. Other times, like some of the smaller weeds that I didn't notice the first time around, we're blind to it. Either case, it must be removed. (Wow it's amazing how 'deep' you can get just weeding the garden and the parables that can be found if you only open your eyes.)

Today, with all the weeding done, came the fun part: planting. We decided we needed more hands and enlisted the help of The Most Adorable Granddaughter to ensure the tomatoes, corn, chilli, capsicum, radishes and cucumbers were correctly planted in our two vegetable gardens.

Supervising grandpa:



Is he doing it right?



I'm not sure if I should leave him to it or not:



Perhaps a closer inspection is needed:



Time for a well-deserved rest:

Comments

SchnauzerMom said…
Wow your garden is beautiful. The granddaughter sure is a cutie!
Anonymous said…
Love the pictures of your garden. Can't wait to hear how your vegetables turn out. I just read a book about Angels and spirituality and one of the things they mentioned was that to connect more spiritually, you should go out in the garden and spend a lot of time in the garden! Actually, they said "nature" but to me nature is my garden! I've done alot of thinking and soul searching while weeding myself! It's very therapeutic.
Jules said…
Hi Schnauzermom, yes we think she's a cutie! I try to avoid sharing photos that show faces full-on but hopefully from what I do share you can get an idea of how gorgeous she is (not that I'm biased or anything - not at all!).

Mermayd, many people often say they feel closer to God in nature and that can be a garden, the bush, the sea, the mountains, or whatever. For me there's something refreshing to the soul about going for a drive in the country - I leave all my cares and woes behind - but the place that I really experience God's majesty is on a mountaintop. That's when I want to lift my hands and just sing His praises. But for my husband it's the bush. Everyone's different.