For All Men

I've seen this portion of Scripture quoted a lot on blogs and message boards recently, so why am I posting it here? Simply because it applies:

Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence (1 Timothy 2:1-2, NKJV).

I've been impressed with those American friends of mine who, while disappointed in the outcome of their presidential election, have not forgotten their God-given responsibility to pray for those in positions of power and authority.

However, I suspect it's easier to remember to pray when you have doubts and fears and easier to forget when things are going your way.

For I'm happy with the outcome of our election. I'm disappointed that some of the minor parties didn't get a few more seats in parliament, but overall I'm pleased. But, along with my many Christian friends in America (and around the world), I must not forget to pray for our leader and those in government.

We've been given a responsibility to do so and with the fulfilment of that responsibility comes a promise: that we will lead quiet and peaceable lives in all godliness and reverence. Isn't that wonderful! Surely then it cannot be too hard to take a few moments each day to pray.

Comments

SchnauzerMom said…
I agree, our leaders need all the prayer they can get in this difficult world.