Growing the Family

Last night as the family all gathered around the table, DH said, as usual, "Let's say Grace." There was something in the way The Most Adorable Granddaughter put her hands together and looked serious that caused several of us to peek at The Most Adorable Granddaughter while DH was saying Grace. She kept her eyes closed the whole time! It was so cute!

Apparently at home The Most Adorable Granddaughter will ask her Mummy, "Say Grace?" at any time during the day, and when her Mummy asks her who she wants to 'Say Grace' for, The Most Adorable Granddaughter will list family members or friends and together they will pray for these people. It's so exciting as a grandparent to see your grandchildren being raised in a Christian home and being taught the things of the Lord from such an early age. My DIL didn't grow up in a Christian home - as yet her Dad and brother are still away from the Lord - but she's doing an admirable job training her daughter up according to Scripture.

Yesterday was also special in another way. DIL had had her scan and brought it around so that we could watch the images of the baby on our computer. I cannot tell you how many times we stood and watched - fascinated - as it played over and over. Like his/her big sister this baby was determined not to reveal his/her s*x! Son#1 was quite pleased about that but DIL had wanted to know. Still, all will be revealed in time - in about twenty weeks' time that is.

As we watched the images on the computer and saw the little hands waving at us I was reminded again of just how wonderfully our bodies are made. I did feel at times that we had no right to be invading the private world of this growing child, yet at the same time it was thrilling to be able to 'see' our newest grandchild. It is as the Psalmist said:

For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.

I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.

Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.

How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!


(Psalm 139: 13-17, KJV.)

Comments

SchnauzerMom said…
That is such a cute story, I can see her now with her eyes closed and hands folded.