Kill 'em Dead

Years ago the advertisement for a well-known insect killer promised to not only kill flies, but to kill 'em dead!

As an Australian, I'm not usually bothered by the odd fly. They're part and parcel of summer and if one happens to land on me, it doesn't bother me. Not like ants. They're another story altogether.

However, this summer the flies are particularly bad and they're driving me crazy (and everyone else in my household). One rather warm evening I noticed Son#2 with a quilt over his legs. On my query as to whether or not he was feeling well, he told me he was sick of the flies landing on him and this was the only way he could stop them.

So you see it's not just me.

What I want - in fact what we all want - is a fly killer that not only kills flies, but kills 'em dead and makes them stay that way! I'll even put up with ants if the flies would just go away.

Comments

SchnauzerMom said…
I know what you mean, flies can drive you crazy!
bunches of yarn said…
I hate flies! Some summers we have an 'invasion' also.
Fly paper is very, very efficient. We get it from our hardware store. You probably know what it is. Here it comes in packets of 2 or 6. I hang one by the kitchen window, one in the garage, and one by the back door--which is the kitchen door. The paper catches many flying yikies.
I don't know what the sticky stuff is, but it is not poisonous.
A word of caution: I've had my hair stick to it (two times) it did not want to release my hair, so I had to cut/yank those few hairs off.
We also have fly swatters. They work also.