A Record

I spent this morning up at the Accident and Medical Department of the Hospital with Son#4. Last night while at Youth Group he stood on a nail which a leader had to yank out of his foot for him. We cleaned it up when he got home, but this morning it was red and painful to walk on and when we rang the Medical Hotline they said to get it seen to as, at the very least, he would require a tetanus shot.

So that's where we've been while the rest of the family went off to church. Later we'll go to the local pharmacy to pick up his antibiotics. I must say that I am extremely thankful for our health system where such visits cost us nothing.

I'm beginning to wonder if Son#4, unable to wrangle an overnight stay in hospital to date, has decided to set the family record for the number of visits to the emergency department. I think the last three visits have all been on account of him.

Son#2 is still proud of his clean record - no visits or overnight stays in hospital. But he works in one so he is probably more familiar with our local hospital than all the rest of the family combined. However, considering I was also up at the hospital on Friday, I'm starting to become quite familiar with it myself!

Comments

SchnauzerMom said…
Ouch, I hope he heals up quickly!
Unknown said…
OOWWW!! That just made me cringe reading it! Yikes! I hope his foot heals very quickly.