A Series of Firsts

One: Today I played the piano in church for the first time this year. In fact, for the first time in over a year. It was so good to be playing again. I knew I'd missed it - I just didn't realise how much. I learnt afterwards that for most of the time I couldn't be heard - but that's okay. I still enjoyed worshipping the Lord through my playing and being a part of calling His people to worship. And I'm playing again next week!

Two: Again for the first time this year, and probably the first time this summer (if my memory serves me correctly) I went out in the kayaks. I'd promised Son#5 that we'd paddle up a nearby creek on his birthday but circumstances prevented it happening and so I said we'd try to squeeze it in before he went back to school. Well school goes back this coming week so despite it being windy today and even gusty, we packed the kayaks on to the trailer and went to have a look at the creek. It was windy, but once we got around the first bend, the hills protected us from most of the wind and we had a lovely paddle. However if I expected it to be an idyllic trip it soon became apparent that that was the last thing on Son#4's and Son#5's minds. Being on the water with the two of them was like being with Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn. At least they made the trip interesting!

Three: DH measured my hair today and it was 34-5/8"! That's the first time it's been that long (okay it's only marginally longer than it was back in October when I got it cut, but I can still truthfully say that it's the longest it's ever been). Looking at it in the mirror I was thinking that I really like this length - and then I thought that another 3-4" would look even better! (And the fact that I actually liked it is another first in a long time too!)

Comments

BellaMama said…
It's good to hear that you played the piano again! Isn't it wonderful to be able to praise the Lord at the same time?!
SchnauzerMom said…
I think it would be fun to learn to play the piano. I'm glad you were able to serve the Lord with your talent.

Sounds like the time spent with your sons was a lot of fun!

I think your hair is gorgeous!
Unknown said…
What great firsts! That is wonderful that you got to play the piano. And your kayaking sounded like lots of fun. My hubby owns a kayak, and he loves it. I have never tried it before, but want to.
I'm so thrilled for you about your hair! Your hair is already so beautiful. It can only get better :).