Titus 2 Blog Party


I'll be honest. I don't usually like parties. I don't 'do' small talk and I struggle with noise levels because of a hearing problem, but a blog party is right up my alley! So a very warm welcome from downunder to all!

Michelle from She Looketh Well is hosting the party and you're invited. And now let me introduce myself.

I'm Jules: Christian, wife, mother, grandmother, early childhood teacher, writer, and quilter.

That was me in a nutshell. Let me expand it a little (hopefully not too much to bore you all to death though):

I was born in Australia but now make my home in New Zealand with my DH of 25 years and our five sons. Our eldest son is married with one beautiful little girl (The Most Adorable Granddaughter in the World) and with another special wee one due in June. Our second son has just moved back home after completing his degree in Medical Laboratory Science and is working at the local hospital. Our third son has just returned to University where he is studying Engineering with Honours (a full-on course!). Our fourth son is in his last year of secondary school and our fifth son has almost three years to go before completing school.

I play the piano, am learning the flute, quilt and knit, love to write, and am looking forward to my first novel being published sometime in the near future (if the contract ever arrives!).

It was my love of long hair that catapulted me into the blogging world but before too long I found it was a wonderful medium for sharing stories of my family, writing about my faith, encouraging others who were trying to live godly lives in their own little sphere, and laughing at myself.

You won't find many photos taken from the front of my family or me - we like our privacy - but for all that, I hope you'll get to know me and those that I'm closest to through my words.

Welcome!

Comments

Melissa G said…
Hello, my name is Melissa and i'm from Florida. I visiting from the blog party and just wanted to say hi.

I love the name of your blog. Isaiah 40:31 is one of my favorite verses.

You have a lovely blog! I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts.

Have a great week!
Linda said…
Hi Jules, lovely to meet you. I feel like it is a wonder we haven't met before.

I am in Australia, Victoria, have five children and have been married 24 years. My eldest is studying accounting. I also have black hair.
BellaMama said…
Have enjoyed your encouraging blog!
I can only wonder what it was like in your house when your boys were all little!!
Blessings always!!
Welcome to the Titus 2 Blog Party. So glad you joined in! I am looking forward to reading your blog.

The thing I like about this party is you all can't see my house;-) Didn't have to clean a lick.

Thanks again,
Michelle
She Looketh Well
Welcome to the party! So glad you joined in. I love your verse and your explanation of how it has helped you over the years. I hope you have a lovely week.

In Him
Michelle
She Looketh Well
busymomof10 said…
Hi Jules! Welcome to the blog party! I'm glad you decided to join us! No need to worry about being a "wallflower" at this party! :)

Just curious -- how did your love of long hair throw you into blogging???

i love your blog! I drop in from time to time, and just wanted to say hello! or g'day mate! :)

elizabeth
Jennifer said…
I love your blog! Thanks for stopping by mine. This party is a lot of fun.
You do not look old enough to be a grandmother! I hope that one day I will look as wonderful as you!
I am inspired by you and all of your talents and hobbies.
I'm excited to get to know you a little better!
Blessings,
Joy
Mary said…
I think I have seen you around the blogosphere. What a wonderful family you must have!
me said…
Jules,
Nice to meet you! Welcome to the party! :) I look forward to reading more in the days ahead. I did notice you memorized I Cor. 13. Way to go. I have much to say on memorization and agape love at my blog. These have been the main themes since the new year began. Feel free to stop over and check it out..I hope it might be an encouragement to you.
Blessings!
For His glory...by His grace,
Dea
Linda said…
Five boys! And all ambitious,...that's great.
Nice reading about you. I will come back and look around again.

If you have time you might go to my site and read my poem called, "I Am Held".

Blessings!
Linda
Hello Jules, I'm Valencia and I hope you have a great time at the party. Many blessings to you!
Jules said…
Hi everyone, and thanks for dropping by. I'm slowly working my way around all the blogs but it's so nice to see so many of you have dropped by already. This is such a fun way to meet other bloggers and discover some really wonderful blogs.

Civilla, yes I think we have crossed paths previously when commenting on blogs. It's nice that you took the time to drop by.

Elizabeth, I belong to a long hair board and many ladies there have long hair journals. I decided that I too wanted somewhere to share my hair recipes, tips, progress reports etc. I thought I'd also share some of my quilts and writings but my blog (like many of my novel characters!) took on a personality all its own and I had no choice but to follow! LOL

Again, thank you to everyone for dropping by.
Gombojav Tribe said…
I had no idea there was such a thing as a long hair board or discussion group! Who knew! How long is your hair?

I had to trim the ends of my daughter's hair tonight and cut a tad more than I intended. She almost cried! Although her hair is still past the middle of her back!

Nice to be partying with you!!
java girl said…
Oh Hello Jules,

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, I'm so happy to get to meet you! I love your blog! It is very peaceful :O)

I hope that my lavender will just grow, though it would be nice if it would take off and pop up threw the cracks in the sidewalk too! What fun!! We've found that lavender keeps thet mice away and because we live in the middle of the flint hills in Kansas mice are here too. I wish they weren't ;O)

It is so nice to meet you! I hope you have a wonderful day!!

God bless you and your family!
Nancy said…
I enjoyed visiting your blog. I also enjoyed your quilting blog. I'm a newbie quilter, having only completed one so far, but I did it by hand! It's nice to meet you.