This is The Day

This is the Day

The house needs cleaning. Again. Why does it always fall on me?

This is the Day

Can't anyone ever appreciate anything that I do around here? I'm forever picking up after everyone and cleaning up their messes. The least they could do is appreciate it and not make more work.

That the Lord hath made

I can't believe it. It's almost 10.30 and the boys still haven't done the breakfast dishes. If it was left up to them, nothing would get done around here.

That the Lord hath made

I wish they'd hurry up and get out of the bathroom. I have things to do. I have to wash my hair. Why can't they think of someone else for a change?

We will rejoice

I've had enough of this hair. I'm ready to cut it all off. It's one thing for DH to say he likes long hair - he doesn't have to deal with it.

We will rejoice

I wish I was a man. DH and Son#3 and Son#4 are going hunting. They get to do what they want to do. No one undoes all their hard work.

And be glad in it

They don't realise how lucky they are. They have no idea how difficult it is to be a woman. I'd just like to see how they'd cope being pregnant, or suffering with PMT, or enduring hot flushes every night. They've got it so easy.

And be glad in it

Everything is getting on my nerves. And I've still got so many other things to do. Why do I always take on too much?

For this is the Day

So what is my problem?

That the Lord hath made

Tiredness?

We will rejoice

Laziness?

And be glad in it

Selfishness?

This is the Day

All of the above but yet it's more than that.

This is the Day

I missed my Quiet Time today. I let other things crowd it out. I told myself that I could do it later.

That the Lord hath made.

Lord, forgive me, for thinking I could do it in my own strength.

Comments

BellaMama said…
I've found that when the day should so start, I must stop what I'm doing and read the Word or even think of songs of scripture and praise God! Put on "the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness" Isaiah 61:3

Like a meal, we (me included) shouldn't keep going throughout the day saying how hungry we are when all we need to do is eat. All we need is to take the time...even if it may be a different time than usual.

So, don't go hungry, read the Word!

~Many Blessings!!
java girl said…
Well I sure did need this post today. I missed my devotions this morning. I feel like a mean old bear. And if you ask my co-workers they might say I sounding mean like that old bear too. One of them emailed me and asked if I was okay. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I'm not... I'm tired my night was spent snuggling my little Butterfly who wanted to sleep with her momma. She pulled my hair, I love her.... She hugged my neck so hard I nearly chocked... I love her.... And then she was ready to be up at 5 am.... I wanted to sleep.... and then she wanted to cry when I had to put her back in her crib and I needed to get ready for work... I cried in my room (it makes me feel like a bad mom)... Then my mom had to come and tell me I needed to stop crying.... I'm tired... And before I knew it I had to be downstairs and dressed and I just grabbed my Bible thinking I would do (devotions) it on the ride to work. Nope. I pouted like my two year old about how tired I was and how cranky I was.... I'm sure glad I'm not the only one this happens to! And your post made me smile! Honesty it is refreshing!
SchnauzerMom said…
I tend to neglect daily devotions too and pay for it later.