My Rocking Chair

When my babies were little I always wanted a rocking chair but we could never afford a new one and never found a second-hand one that suited us. When our first granddaughter was born I thought of a rocking chair for all of ten minutes - the length of time that The Most Adorable Granddaughter#1 would let us hold her before she was struggling to be free.

However with the birth of our second granddaughter DH decided to buy me the rocking chair I've always wanted and found a second-hand one very reasonably priced and in good condition. And both sweet granddaughters have given it the stamp of approval!

Granny-in-the-making:



Room for two:



And this is what Nana's rocking chair is also good for:

Comments

busymomof10 said…
I always LOVED rocking my babies and look forward to rocking some grandbabies one of these days! Makes me think of the poem I used to have hanging in my house:

Cleaning and scrubbing
can wait til tomorrow
For babies grow up,
I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs
and dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby
and babies don't keep!
Unknown said…
Aww, your granddaughters look right at home in your new rocking chair :). What little cuties! I am sure you are enjoying them so much :).
SchnauzerMom said…
That's a beautiful chair and they look so cute in it.
Noel said…
that looks like a wonderfully sturdy rocking chair - congradulations :)