Full House

This weekend Son#1 and his lovely family will be moving in with us. For how long I do not know. But Son#1 is wanting to paint their house in readiness for putting it on the market. Their house is tiny and the job will be easier if he can move people (and some furniture) out before he starts.

So this weekend I'm expecting a full house. Son#2's fiance is coming for the weekend (so I believe) and will most likely go back to University at the end of the weekend. I imagine that Son#3 will go back with her (if he's nice to her!) so that means for a day or two there'll be 9 adults, 1 child and 1 baby in my house.

And only one bathroom!

I can see that we're going to have to make a roster for who uses the bathroom when and if anyone deviates from the plan ... watch out!

With so many extra people in the house (even after the two mentioned above return to Uni) the housework will increase and the laundry will definitely be a challenge especially with the cold damp weather we've been having lately. I do have a clothes drier (can anyone tell me if that's meant to be a 'y' or an 'i' in there for my part of the world?) but when it takes 2 hours to do a load of 'smalls' and 4 hours to dry a load of towels, we only use it in emergencies. The drier is older than I am so it's certainly not one of the new efficient machines!

However, it's not the housework, or the laundry, or even the bathroom, that is sending me into a quiet panic when I consider the number of people who will be living in this house over the coming weeks.

It's the cooking! I've admitted it here before and I'll admit it again: I must be the world's worst cook! I hate cooking. I have no imagination, no skill, even no inclination, when it comes to cooking. When I got married I had no idea that cooking was in the small print!

If I just had to cook for me - or even for DH and me - that wouldn't be so bad but when there are all these hungry people in the house needing to be fed, I panic.

However, there will be compensations, and this is one of them (two actually):


Isn't that just a lovely picture of sisterly love?

Comments

busymomof10 said…
I know you will enjoy your Full House even if it is a lot of extra work, and you will miss everyone when they are gone! There are lots of good websites full of good recipe ideas. I found one for tonight that is simmering on the stove right now! You are a very creative person, so just relax and let your creative juices flow in the kitchen! :)
Daisy said…
Oh Jules you will be busy!! You will do just fine with your cooking! Have fun, you are very blessed!
Linda said…
Sounds like it would be double what we do. So you would be a 2 bag of pasta, 1kg-1.2kg meat for bolognaise etc. family.
Unknown said…
Wow! You are going to be busy! That picture of your granddaughters is absolutely precious :). I hope you have a wonderful time with your family!