A Goal Achieved

I started growing my hair out over three years ago. This photo was taken not long after I started:



My goal was to reach tailbone (36") and at the beginning of this month I was finally able to say that I'd achieved it:



Yesterday I trimmed and even though I'd like to go on to classic length (42") I'm not going to rush it. I like having an even hemline and I'm going to be working on that over the next few months.



In some ways I think my hair looks better in the first photo than it does in the last. I love the look of long hair and I love having long hair, but I never feel that long hair looks as good on me as it does on others. Plus everyone else has such gorgeous hair and mine is so ordinary. However since my DH loves my hair long I think I'll be keeping it long for a while yet. And it would be fun to experience classic length hair once in my life!

Comments

Linda said…
I think mine needs a trim. I saw the singer Chrystal Gale on TV, her hair is a shock because it is nearly to the floor.

I like your hair with the clip. It looks thicker too. I haven't had any hair loss lately, I am pleased and I also love natural shampoo, I have found one at the chemist, Organic Instinct. It makes my older hair, look just like that, hair.
Jules said…
Hi Linda, I use that shampoo too. I dilute it 1:1 with herbal tea to make it go further. I've used the conditioner but have found that I prefer the A'Kin conditioner.

The clip is known as a Flexi-8 and comes in several sizes. I love them! They can be bought from www.flexi8.com
Noel said…
Ordinary!! How can you say that? It looks beautiful :)
busymomof10 said…
You have beautiful hair! I like it better in the second picture. It looks so thick and healthy and I love the look with the clip.
SchnauzerMom said…
Wow, congratulations on reaching your goal. Your hair is very beautiful.
BellaMama said…
*applause* That's great!!

One day you'll be looking back at these photos and remembering when your hair wasn't classic length!!
java girl said…
Your hair is looking so beautiful!!! Enjoy it while you have such nice long locks!!

Hope everything is going well for you during your winter months. Stay warm :O)
It’s so funny that I stumbled upon this post today because I was just thinking about growing my hair out. I got a traditional “short summer cut” and ended up one with one of the worst (it’s actually shorter on one side).
Hm, hair that long does take some commitment thought. Congrats on holding out. You’re quite the contrary to ordinary.
Have a good day. :)
Unknown said…
Jules, your hair looks so beautiful in that picture with the Flexi-8! It looks so healthy, and so thick! Congratulations on getting to your goal :). Trust me, your hair is anything BUT ordinary!
Linda said…
Thanks for the tips.