It's Really Happening

I had trouble deciding on a title for this post. In fact, I'm having trouble deciding how to break the news.

Ten days ago my publisher sent me the proofs for the cover of my book. I looked at them, asked my family's opinion, thought about them some more, and then shared my thoughts with the publisher. Yesterday I received three more draft covers, chose one, and last night had an email from the publisher that the book was now up on their website. I had to check for myself (of course I trusted them - I just wasn't sure if I was dreaming or not) and it's there!!!

Suddenly it feels very real.

However, I'm not sure if it's the way I broke the news, but when I told my family they didn't seem to grasp the significance of what I was sharing (apart from Son#3 who replied to an email I'd sent him which just goes to show I am better at communicating via the written word than the spoken word). But then again, perhaps they did. Perhaps they're getting as nervous as I am. After all, some of them have read it and therefore know how good - or bad - it is.

After so many months of waiting, not hearing, and then only hearing a little here and there, things seem to be moving now. It's really happening!

For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry (Habakkuk 2:3,KJV).

(For those interested, click on the photo of the book in my sidebar and it will take you to the publisher's site.)

Comments

Noel said…
i know you live far, far away, will this book be available in the US? and how exciting for you!
Sharon said…
How exciting! I admire you for being brave enough to venture into writing a book. It sounds like such a huge task. Congratulations!
Jules said…
Noel, the simple answer is: I don't know. But:

Currently the book is only advertised on the publisher's Australian/New Zealand page. They may later decide to advertise it on their US/International page which would make it more accessible to international readers.

However, there will be online stores where the book can be bought (such as the publisher's Australian website and Koorong Books in Australia) and if you're willing to pay the postage (I've ordered books from Amazon before and the postage is almost as much as the cost of the books!) I'm sure you can order from there.

I'm also looking into a way of making my book available to my friends in the US who are interested, perhaps through a friend's US-based website.

And of course, I'm naturally thinking of a blog giveaway when the book is released.

So I'm sure there will be ways of obtaining the book if you're interested.
Jules said…
Sharon, writing the book is the easy part. Even the editing I enjoy. It's the marketing and promotion of the book that I find daunting!
Unknown said…
Oh wow Jules! That is just so cool! Congratulations! I can't even imagine how excited you must be. I hope we can get it over here in the US!
java girl said…
Jules,

This is so exciting for you!!! And the story line sounds wonderful and right up my alley!!

So now I will save my pennies for postage and the purchase of what I know is going to be a good book!

God bless you!
SchnauzerMom said…
That is so wonderful! I would love to read it.
Liliana said…
Ohmygosh! How exciting!!!!!!! You are a published author - and not self-published either. It so competitive to get published! I imagine this is a dream of yours for a long time. I'm so happy for you. Now I can say I know a published author from down under in fancydan New Zealand! Congratulations! You set the bar high for us - you who are a mum, and grand-mum, a homemaker, an employee, hand quilter, and writer.
Elspeth said…
What a wonderful piece of new, Jules, really!

Congratulations!!

Hope we can somehow get in the US.