In Case You Wanted to Know Part 2

25. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? As a matter of fact there is. An hour or so ago we learnt that Son#1 passed his recent exams! He'd worked really hard to prepare for these exams but then he became quite ill and we didn't know if he would be well enough to sit the exam. He did sit it but he wasn't even able to drive himself to the exam so DH took him. And then we prayed. Hard. Very hard. Even though he put the work in, it's by God's grace that he did so well (it's probably one of the highest marks he's ever had in his life!).

26. What did you want to be when you were little? A doctor and a writer. I've achieved one goal.

27. What is your best childhood memory? I don't know. I do have a very clear picture of my first memory though. It's of having a spinal tap as a two-and-a-half-year-old because I was gravely ill with meningitis.

28. Are you a cat or dog person? Dog

29. Are you married? To the same man for over 25 years now.

30. Do you always wear your seatbelt? Yes

31. Have you been in a car accident? Only a very minor one. Twice I narrowly avoided being involved in a serious accident. The first time was when DH and I were engaged and on our way to see the minister who was to marry us and the second time when I was expecting my fifth son. To this day I still don't know how the other car avoided hitting me. I ended up on my side of the road but facing in the wrong direction. It was as if God just picked my car up and turned it around and protected us all from harm.

32. Any pet peeves? A dirty kitchen. My kitchen has to be clean before I can start cooking dinner. If it's not then no one gets fed. My family are starting to understand that when I say "I can't cook in a messy kitchen" that I really mean what I say.

33. Favorite pizza toppings? Pineapple. It's not pizza without pineapple. (DH hates pineapple on his pizza. Sigh.) And peperoni.

34. Favorite flower? Lavender. Bearded Iris. Roses.

35. Favorite ice cream? I'm not a big ice cream fan but if I'm going to have ice cream it has to be hokey pokey (honeycomb). The only exception is if I'm having it in a cone in which case I usually choose blueberry. Mmmmm.

36. Favorite fast food restaurant? I'm getting old and fast food doesn't agree with me so much these days but I do love Chinese takeaway.

37. How many times did you fail your driver's licence test? I knew I'd failed as soon as the tester got in the car and said, "Not another bip bip bip woman driver." He had a reputation for failing female drivers. I sat mine 4 times before I finally got it.

38. From whom did you get your last email? Fly buys. The last email from a 'real' person was from my friend Debra who really should've been in bed asleep considering we are on different sides of the world.

39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? I hate shopping and hate spending money almost as much as I hate shopping.

40. Do anything spontaneous lately? I'm answering these questions - doesn't that count?

41. Like your job? As I told a colleague yesterday: I don't want a career - just a job. I enjoy it but I'd rather be home full time and writing away to my heart's content.

42. Do you like broccoli? You mean some people don't?

43. What was your favorite vacation? Our Spring camping trip where it snowed and we lost power and almost froze to death. Makes for great memories.

44. Last person you went out to dinner with? Team from work to farewell the world's most wonderful team leader.

45. What are you listening to right now? I'd love to say flute music but some members of my family do not appreciate good music. They actually ejected my CD! So instead I'm listening to the peas boiling on the stove, the TV going in the other room, the sound of the keys as I type this, and my eldest granddaughter telling me that tea's ready!

46. What is your favorite color? Blue

47. How many tattoos do you have?
Um, none.

48. How many are you tagging for this quiz? Anyone who reads this, leave a comment and let me know if you did this!

Comments

Linda said…
Yes, I did!
SchnauzerMom said…
Very interesting! Nice to learn something about you.