A Guessing Game

My brain is mush. The proofs for my book came through on Friday and I've spent the past two days going over them with the proverbial fine-toothed comb. I won't tell you how many pages of corrections there were. For someone who prides herself on her editing skills, it was shameful. S-h-a-m-e-f-u-l.

Thankfully, some of the errors weren't my fault. They were formatting errors or had been introduced by someone else. Phew! It's always nice to blame someone else!

Since I've been head down in front of a computer for more hours than I'd like to count this is not going to be a particularly intelligent post (are they ever I hear you ask).

So instead, I'll leave you with this question: Can anyone guess what my favourite colour is based on what's blooming in my garden right now?





Comments

busymomof10 said…
Sounds like a tedious process, but, oh, so worth it, to have your own book published!

I'd say we both like the same colors! I love blue and periwinkle! Those are definitely my favorites!
SchnauzerMom said…
Looks kinda like purple or lavendar.
Daisy said…
Jules is that your book I see on the right side of your blog? If so, can we buy it or do we still have to wait yet? It says "to be released soon" but when I click on it, it takes me to the shopping cart. What would it take to get an autographed copy? :)
Jules said…
Hi busymomof10, blue it is. It's such a gorgeous colour in the garden especially when teamed with white and pink.

There's not a lot of plants that are truly blue so SchnauzerMom you can be forgiven for guessing purple or lavender. Actually lavender is my favourite flower but I have to be careful how many I plant because I have two sons allergic to bee stings.

Daisy, that's a little weird. Do you get the blurb about the book or just the cart? I've heard via a friend who heard from her local bookshop that printing has been held up but I've not heard anything from the publisher. I'm guessing it should still be out soon. As for autographed copies, I am looking at a few options. Possible selling them via this site or Fox's. Stay tuned!