Sisterly Love


(Or what happens when The Most Adorable Granddaughters in the World spend more than half an hour in Nana's company!)

Yesterday afternoon I offered to take The Most Adorable Granddaughter in the World#2 for a walk in the pram. She'd had her inoculations earlier in the day and was feeling a little out of sorts. The Most Adorable Granddaughter in the World#1 immediately asked to come (actually I'm not sure that she asked - informed me is probably closer to the truth). I had suspected I'd be taking two and was prepared.

We started out with The Most Adorable Granddaughter#2 in the pushchair and The Most Adorable Granddaughter#1 standing on the foot rest. It was awkward pushing the chair that way but I figured it would give me a good work out! A short time later, The Most Adorable Granddaughter#1 wanted to walk beside the pushchair. That certainly made it easier to push the chair but I found that I needed eyes in the back of my head to keep track of The Most Adorable Granddaughter#1! Shortly afterwards (as in about another five houses down the road) she decided she was tired. I suggested we try her in the pushchair with her sister for just a little while so that she could rest.

A little while turned into the rest of the walk as she fell asleep! She was still asleep when we got home and stayed asleep for at least an hour, even after her sister had woken. Believe me, this is a big deal. The Most Adorable Granddaughter#1 is allergic to sleep, particularly in the middle of the day, and if she falls asleep in the car it's almost impossible to transfer her from the car to her bed without her waking. Because of that, we decided to leave her in the pushchair to sleep and when she woke the first thing she did was to complain that her shoulders were sore! I'm not surprised.

And just to prove that they're also good friends when awake, I'll share this favourite photo:



Aren't they gorgeous! Obviously they get their good looks from their Dad who gets his from his Mum (actually their Mum's pretty good looking too!).

Comments

Sparrow said…
Awww, they are adorable!
SchnauzerMom said…
How cute! Looks like you had a great time together!