Anybody May Know

In Jane Austen's Emma, when Emma says to Mr Knightley that she knows how highly he thinks of Jane Fairfax, he replies, "Yes, anybody may know how highly I think of her."

I think that any regular readers of my blog would know how highly I think of my family and how proud I am of them. This past week DH and I have had reason to be especially proud of Son#4 and Son#5.

It began with Son#5's School Prize Giving on Wednesday afternoon. This year he had wanted to take a "less academic" subject that he was interested in. We agreed but on the condition that he worked hard at the "more" academic subjects. I'm thrilled to say that he exceeded our expectations, taking out several diligence and merit certificates in almost all his classes. It would appear that with only two years left at school he has finally learnt how to work hard! I hope that's encouraging for anyone else who also has a "late bloomer" (or one who'd rather play than work).

Moving onto Thursday night and Son#4's final High School Prize Giving. That's right. Apart from exams (his first is Saturday afternoon) he is now finished with schooling. It's a very scary thought.

Son#4 has always excelled at school but naturally we were thrilled when he took out the Cup for Senior Mathematics. The photos aren't great - it's not easy to get a good shot from the back of the auditorium when there are heads in the way, but they're a tangible record - along with the Cup now sitting on our piano - of a very proud moment and of all the hard work he's put in to his studies.






Now let the study begin!

Comments

SchnauzerMom said…
Congratulations! Sounds like your sons are doing great!
Liliana said…
My heart is overjoyed for you. As a mother I know these moments are among the best on earth. God is going to say to you, "Well done, my good and faithful servant." That's what I think.

Congratulations to your boys!
Unknown said…
That is wonderful! You must be one proud mother :). It looks like you are doing such a great job raising them!